Tuesday, August 5, 2008

WVU visit

Well, West Virginia University has fallen out of consideration for the oldest. I think as we drove through Wheeling and got closer to Morgantown he realized he'd be in the middle of nowhere. Strike One. Then, the opening speaker sounded like she was reciting from a script in a monotone instead of connecting with the crowd. Strike Two. It went down from there. I felt for him, because I think he wanted to give it a real chance but it just wasn't the right environment. Oh well, now off to some in-state schools!

The highlight of the day was a sign outside the main doors of the WVU Coliseum. We meant to get a picture of it before we left, but forgot until we were 25 minutes off campus. Considering I paid $.30 more a gallon in WV for gas than at home I wasn't going back, either. I was tempted to do so, it was that good. The sign said "No Street Hockey or Dogs". Really. Especially bad since oldest plays street hockey and loves dogs.

At least it was a nice trip before the insanity of his senior year starts.

No comments: