Sunday, August 17, 2008

That pesky little thing called life

So, just after I get motivated and start this blog the real world decides to distract me. Nope, not the Olympics although I've been overloading on them. This time it's the annoying cancer cells growing inside my mom which apparently are deciding that they want to cause all sorts of problems for her. Stupid, nasty disease wants to win and make my mom miserable in the process. Yes, I know it's eventually going to win, considering we think she's already outlived the original prognosis from a year ago. However, I'm not a fan of the "miserable" part because I hate to see her suffering. Stupid, nasty cancer indeed.

My favorite distraction lately has been the Olympics. Which leads me to a bit of a rant. Michael Phelps is really good and all, but could NBC shove him down our throats any more? While I'm at it, what about Jason Lezak? Come on, Phelps needed Lezak for two of those golds, especially in the 4 x 100 free relay. Then there's the rest of the relay swimmers...Aaron Piersol...Ryan Lochte...Cullen Jones...Garrett Weber-Gale...and the always interesting Brendan Hansen. They all have gold medals too, but it's all about Michael Phelps. I mean, Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson went GOLD and SILVER in the women's all-around, the first time the USA has ever been first & second in AA. I love the swimming events, but enough already.

As far as I'm concerned, Phelps should take a slice of his upcoming endorsement money (come on, you KNOW we'll be seeing Phelps everywhere soon!) and cut a check to Lezak. He earned it.

Off to watch whatever is airing right now, which is probably volleyball or handball or some other ball. Go Team USA!

No comments: