Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Bento!

I've been reading about Bento for a while, and either I'm jumping on the bandwagon or really trying to commit to packing lunches. Usually, my lunch routine when I'm working my regular hours consists of:
  1. Hitting the drive through for breakfast on the way to work, then eating lunch after I get home in the afternoon, or
  2. Stopping somewhere for lunch on the way home from work.
Neither option is particularly healthy for the bank account, or for me. Therefore, if I start now by the time I'm back to working the normal schedule I'll be used to Bentoing (is that a real word?) So, my first foray into the world of Bento lunches, as pictured here.

First Bento!

I made up some fried rice, thanks to the good ole Pink and White plaid Betty Crocker cookbook. Middle son swiped a bite and said it was good. There's also some snap peas, baby carrots, crackers and one of my new loves...a Laughing Cow light cheese wedge. Those Laughing Cows are delicious! I'll probably add a vanilla yogurt and something sweet, maybe a banana if I don't eat one for breakfast.

Now, to keep it up, which is where the blog comes in. Let's call it Blog Motivation!

1 comment:

Jacki said...

Congrats on your first bento! Looks good!!