Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Post

I've tried this a few times before, but perhaps this one will take!

About me: Full time wife and mom, work part time in the ISO/EMS field, full time sorority volunteer. Love to travel but limited to college visits with our oldest son for now, followed by #2 starting this year. Impatiently waiting for the college football, college basketball and NHL seasons to start. Fiercely loyal to the Kentucky Wildcats and Columbus Blue Jackets.

Will be watching the Olympics closely, not just because I'm a nerd for all things related to the Winter or Summer Games. I hate to say it, but I don't know if China really will pull these games off without at least one major systems failure--whether it's pollution related, or venue related, or sadly even human rights related. I think the news that gets out of China will be one thing, but once Matt Lauer and company get home from the Games we'll hear a completely different story.

Speaking of Kentucky (trust me, it comes like breathing to me!), UK has five athletes participating in the Olympics. Tayshaun Prince in basketball (believe it or not, he's the first BB Olympian since Sam Bowie in 1980, who didn't participate because of the boycott). Then there's current UK track & field team members Jose Acevedo for his home country of Venezuela and Mikel Thomas for Trinidad & Tobego; former track team member David Freeman competing for Puerto Rico, and current swimmer Elvis Barone of the Bahamas. Current Assistant Track coach Erin Tucker also will represent Venezuela. Go Big Blue!

No comments: