Monday, September 8, 2008

Today's Foodie Post

I did not fix the chicken noodle soup referenced in yesterday's post. Instead, we grilled out homemade burgers and I cooked up a few sides for dinner. Afterwards, I roasted a few pounds of bone-in chicken breasts for the soup recipe--now pushed to tomorrow since it's supposed to be rainy and cooler. I've got Sloppy Chicken Enchiladas in the oven for dinner now since it's soccer and show choir night.

I even packed up a lunch today, although it wasn't technically a cute little bento but in my lunchbox. A Laughing cow wedge with crackers, banana, vanilla yoplait and granola bar doesn't bento very well anyhow! I bought a lot of things that should work easily for bento lunches yesterday: mini cheese ravioli, chicken potstickers, carrots, crackers, salad fixings, and some granola (to mix with yogurt since I hear that's yummy). Fixed a big pot of rice for the week as well. Now to find a real bento box, or a tupperware with dividers that would work!

No comments: