Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hey, look what I found!

My goal for the first two weeks of September was to cook dinners at home. It seems that even with planning, at least twice/week we're either going out for dinner or ordering in. I can cook, but I've really gotten out of the habit of anything outside of the tacos/chili/grilling (which I love but my men are sick and tired of!) routine.

I put together a menu plan for last week and this week and am doing well so far with it. The only variation was ordering Pizza Hut on Wednesday instead of fixing shrimp alfredo, because the high school girls' tennis team was doing a fundraiser where 20% of each order went to them. Worthy cause, we know girls on the team, and their pasta stuff wasn't all that bad. But I digress...

DS #3 asked the other day if I could make homemade chicken noodle soup along with the pot of white chili I was cooking up. I can do chili well, but soup? Soup and Sandwiches are actually on my menu plan, but I fully planned to open cans of the familiar red & white cans vs. making my own. The few times I've tried homemade soup have resulted in massive fails, even when using a starter mix or "soup kit" helper. Since I MUST go to the grocery today, I decided to type in "easy chicken soup" and was pointed to Simple Daily Recipes. Guess what I'm making after I get back (and get everything put away)?

Where has this website been all my life and why didn't I already have it bookmarked before now?

No comments: